Saturday, July 17, 2010

"What if God isn't a feeling?"








Today I won 3rd place in a floral art competition organised by Nanyang Primary School and the Singapore Garden Festival.
Kelly and my mom are very proud of me so really, I have nothing to complain about.
I was hoping to achieve second place but I was pinalised because I didn't clear my table properly (woteva)
Still, the trophy felt smooth and heavy in my hands and I have to say I am satisfied with my work.
At least my mom is happy. That's all that matters:)
Vanida is coming over tonight and we are going to buy hair dye at Jelita.
Jelita is one of my favourite places in the world because it reminds me of the times when my mom would bring me to Delifrance and I'd always choose the blueberry tart and croissant with egg mayo filling.
My mom has done so much for me and I'm really glad that she's happy with what I've achieved today.
Kelly & I had an hour of amazement on the sixth floor of the Suntec Convention Centre (see photos).
I will be posting more photos when Kelly uploads them.
I think everybody should go to the SGF because it's just breathtaking.

I'd like to share a blogpost written by one of my favourite writers (whom I found online).

I'm at this point of my life where I have to do things quickly.
Patience and time are parallel to each other - and they are both running out.
I go about doing my own things because God just doesn't show up.

Then again, I haven't been listening.
I haven't been tuning My Heart Radio to match His.
Suddenly I'm living the way I had been living life in P5 again.
Everything revolves around me.
Me, selfish me.

I've been waiting for an emotional high.
For something that POPS!
For something that can take me higher for just a teeny while.
After I read Anne Jackson's blogpost, I re-read the words: "What if God isn't a feeling?"
Then the words "Resting" and "Being" hit me.
God is THAT simple and yet, He never fails to empower me all over again.

1 Kings 19:11-13 says:
""The Lord said, "Go out and stand on the mountain in the presence of the Lord, for the Lord is about to pass by." Then a great and powerful wind tore the mountains apart and shattered the rocks before the Lord, but the Lord was not in the wind. After the wind there was an earthquake, but the Lord was not in the earthquake. After the earthquake came a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire, and after the fire came a gentle whisper."

I flipped my "BRMC CAMP 2009" notes open and I'm so glad I took down those notes.
'The Sound of Silence'
(1) God shouts
(2) God comes in a gentle whisper
(3) Either way, God is always with you
* God isn't only the God of the extraordinary, but also God of the ordinary.
* God speaks in the silence: it's a language of the heart and Spirit which gives you direction for your future like a compass.

Dear Lord, I'm willing to listen.
I'm willing to start all over again:)

No comments:

Post a Comment