Monday, July 19, 2010

"Guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life." - Proverbs 4:23






photo credits: kelly v-c
A Happy Runner is one who (has):
+ Time

+ An MP3/iPod with good music

+ Track Suggestions to pace your breath with: 
You&I - Anarbor
   Nineteen - Tegan&Sara
The Violet Hour - Seawolf
Your Grace Is Enough - Chris Tomlin
OMG - Usher ft. Will.I.Am
Meet Me On The Equinox - Death Cab For Cutie

+ Lives in a neighbourhood you can explore like mad

+ Monkeys and dog walkers in the neighbourhood

+ Loads of fresh air streaming in and out of your lungs

+ Zero afternoon sun 
(6.30 PM till night = pure azure skies and cool breezes as you run)

+ A good pair of running shoes!!!

+ A nice, cold shower

To start becoming a Happy Runner you must (have):
+ A schedule and checklist with little boxes by the side
(check the 'missions' that you have completed)

+ Determination

+ Watch your diet

+ Enough sleep 
(cos it's so good)

+ Patience with yourself:
What I've learnt after reading The Dieter's Prayer Book by Heather Harpham Kapp is that I must have patience with myself.

Page 18 and 19:
"It is not good to have zeal without knowledge, nor to be hasty and miss the way." - Proverbs 19:2

A Prayer for Power:
"Dear God,
thank You that even when I am impatient or foolish,
when I am so zealous to see results
that I rush things and miss the way altogether,
You forgive me and help me
to find the right path again.
Today I pray that You would grant me
the wisdom, will and patience
to persevere in the process of change.
Help me to accept where I am right now.
With Your power at work within me,
I can keep my eyes on my true goal:
to becomes the best me I can be-- for You!
Today I embrace Your loving intentions for me,
and I put all my hope in Your good and perfect timing.
Amen."

+ Change your image:
not because of what someone said or
because of those Victoria Secret models you see on TV.
Page 92 and 93:
"Shall what is formed say to him who formed it, "Why did you make me like this?"" - Romans 9:20

A Prayer for Power:
Dear God,
how easy it is to forget that
You made me.
From scratch. From nothing!
One minute I didn't exist; then I did.
And nothing about my body is an accident.
You planned every part of me.
Forgive me for feeling angry about some of the traits I have.
Help me to change my perspective, Lord.
Before I consider drastic medical interventions,
help me first learn to accept
and even appreciate my physical characteristics.
You didn't intend for me to look like anyone else!
Today I choose to stop worrying and fussing
about that physical "problem" I focus on so much.
I surrender it to You,
and I open my conscience, understanding and emotions
to receive Your perfect wisdom for me.
I thank You that I am not what I look like to me.
I am what I look like to You.
Beauty really is in the eye of the Beholder.
Amen."

"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." - Psalm 139:14

Suddenly I'm reminded about how God loves each and everyone of us and that 'nothing about my body is an accident'.
Suddenly I understand that God knew exactly what He was doing and that He had exactly this me in mind long before I came to exist.
And each day, I will learn to love my body and to cherish it because this honours the One who made it.
How deprived I would have been without spiritual guidance.
So here I am, sharing it with you.
Good day
x

No comments:

Post a Comment