Sunday, March 14, 2010

JOY JOY JOY


Worship turned out to be.. good!
It's way easier being a backup vocalist than to be the worship leader, because right then, I could focus entirely on God as I sang without the distraction of giving hand signals:)
Today the band consisted of myself, Jeremy, Abbie and Justin.
We only had two singers, Justin on the acoustic guitar and Abbie on the keyboards - yet simple as the band was, the feedback we got was that the session was Spirit led.
Woah!!! I'm really, reaaaally proud that God had given me such an opportunity to step to serve, even with a sorethroat:)
Anyway today I don't see myself as a sinner anymore, undeserving of His love, but as a princess *glitter glitter* who is so, so precious in His sight and guess what - we're all made in His image and the Lord says in His word that He is enthralled by our beauty:)


So for the week ahead, I want to commit myself to achieving a goal which is.. to behave.
Behaving = holding back my tongue = no vulgarities.
I wanna live up to the best of my potential and I know I'm so much more than a heap of vulgar expression.
So now I owe my friend Charles five bucks because I uttered 5 f words while jamming on Friday evening.
Woah that costs me a pair of Cotton On slippers.
grrrr but okay, no pain no gain right?!
Oh and Charles I'd rather pay you 5 bucks than pay to get 2 packets of chicken rice and putting on an extra 500 grams of weight.


Random fact #1: Everyone at church was like O.O and they did a horizontal line across their foreheads and gave me a quizzical look.
"I cut it myself!"
So comments/looks that people have given me about my newly, not-on-purpose cut bangs are:
" :O :O :O :O OMGGGGGG OMGGGG LEELINGGGGG"
"Ling you look like a watermelon!"
"Ling you look cool!"
"Liling you look like DORA THE EXPLORAAAAAHHH"
"Yeah its very vintage!" - Cara/ Char
"O.O ?!"
"You look fresh!"
"Actually this haircut makes you look very nice! Very cute Ling!" - Mum/ Vanida/ Lynette
*nod nod* - Szeming

After 10.30 worship, we walked to J-low's house. We obviously went in.
J-low's room smells just like my brother's room upstairs, it has this old 5-year-old smell and I TOTALLY DIG IT.
J-low has the same tacky curtains that I had last time, the same type of windows I have at home, the same 1993-2000 bedsheet (except that his is blue and mine is red and Aaron's one is green) and the same kitchen dustbin except that his is white and mine is pink.
I LOVE J-LOW'S ROOM SMELL AND HIS DOG AND I DO NOT LOVE J-LOW. Hahahaha kiddingggg:) :)


Random fact #2: today I feel so loved + appreciated because Cara answered a Truth or Dare question on her Itouch.
"Name one good and bad point about every person in the room."
"Liling is weird and cool!"
Weird's not that bad... but YOU SAID I'M COOL:)
And I replied "what! how am I cool! I cool meh?"
And you said "yeaaahhh you are!!!"
Yeah babe you melt ma heart you melt it str8 down to da grounddd
Cara Chiang you've seen how dramatic I can get, you have seen me unleash my wrath but IF YOU CAN TELL ME I'M COOL, YOU MUST REALLY LOVE ME because you see that part of me and you point it out - and it's a description that no one has ever told me before:)
*blushhh*
SAME TO YOU CHAR!!!!!! SAME TO YOUUU!!!!

After visiting our beloved J-low, we watched Dear John at Plaza Sing-along.
OH GOODNESS WE MUST STOP GOING TO DHOBY GHAUT, I'VE BEEN THERE FOR LIKE 3 TO 4 TIMES THIS WEEK ALREADY.
Ok but anyway Dear John was SO GOOD, I don't care if the ending was crappy because if a movie has a beautiful beach, jeans, guitars, surfing, kissing and crying - I'M GOOD TO GO.
The three of us cried very silently. I think a drop went into my potato and leek soup :O
On the bus home this really cute guy was sleeping next to me but the point is he almost put my head on my shoulder AND NOBODY GETS TO PUT THEIR HEAD ON MY SHOULDER UNLESS THEY'RE REALLY CLOSE TO ME and I felt weird so I moved away and gravity pulled his head down and he jerked up.
It was super awkward okay.

Pizza at Pepperoni's with Jia+Yun tonight!
And there's a one-week break for JC students.
Does this rock or what!!!!!!!! (no you're not allowed to choose what)


L is for L-o-v-e
x, Ling

No comments:

Post a Comment