Saturday, January 9, 2010

{ Blessed is the man who praises the Lord in times of provision, but even more blessed is he who praises Him in times of adversity }

For those of us who are about to get our results, may this be of comfort to you:)

"If life is a classroom and adversity is its teacher, then we are to praise and worship in every conceivable situation. If life is a classroom and adversity is its teacher, then God wants to use us in every situation to convey lessons about His goodness and sovereignty. If life is a classroom and adversity is its teacher, then when we pray, God is invited to intervene in our circumstances."

Hebrews 11:1 says: Now FAITH is being SURE OF WHAT WE HOPE FOR and CERTAIN of WHAT WE DO NOT SEE.
Hebrews 11:30 says: By FAITH the walls of Jericho FELL, after the people had marched around them for seven days.
11:34 - "whose weakness was turned into strength"

Dear God, it doesn't matter how long I have to wait for you to work miracles in this lifetime. It doesn't matter how much I think that circumstances can obstruct Your plan- they cannot. Lord I only ask that You give me a heart of patience, to not rush Your timing and that in every season, You have a reason for the situations or even dry deserts that I venture into. Lord, You'll never stop releasing the extent of Your hand on our lives. And I pray that as You do, may it never pass me by. That Lord, as we receive our results on Monday, may they be the results of the exam in this period of time and not the results of WHAT OUR LIVES TURN OUT TO BE. Lord, I wait upon You, with expectance that I am in good hands- regardless of what happens. Give me the heart and faith that Abraham had, that when You asked him to move his whole family without telling him where they were going (Gen, 12:1-3). "God also asked Abraham to persevere- to stay in an unknown land even when the lure of past comforts may have threatened to seduce him and his family back to their comfort zone in Ur." And, "the fear of the unknown could CRIPPLE OUR CAPACITY to follow GOD'S LEADING through the days ahead." Lord, I want to be the one to say I have tasted and seen that the Lord is good, I want to be the one of the surest faith in You in the hall that day, Lord. I want to be the one who claims all Your promises in Jesus' name and that Lord, I expect good things to happen and eliminate the "what ifs" that inject doubt into people's hearts. But Lord, if ever I should be disappointed, may I hold onto You, may I NEVER GIVE UP like Uncle Peter didn't, may I hold onto Your word, the hope and the grace You have so freely given to us. Joyful, Lord, I am, to be in Your courts and embrace than thousands elsewhere. In Jesus' name, amen:)

No comments:

Post a Comment