Saturday, October 24, 2009

The Armor Of God

"For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms....Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition of all this, take up the SHIELD OF FAITH, with which you can EXTINGUISH ALL THE FLAMING ARROWS OF THE EVIL ONE. Take the helmet of Salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. And pray in the Spirit with all kinds of prayers and requests."
- Ephesians 6:12, 6:14-18

You know, God.
I don't care about society and how it's made people turn out to be, I don't care about how competition has made us believe we're all selfish and we've gone way past the point of no return, I don't know what step I'm about to take next, or the people I let down/ the mistakes I make/ the people I hurt/ the values I'm going to lose along the way but all I know right now is that You are with me, WITH ME in every situation and decision. YOU are what's so WORTH IT to rid me of myself, my pride and selfishness that needs to be chiselled away over time.

And that's what matters.
To have You WITH ME no matter where or when, no matter what happens, who I'm with, how I feel that You're not here sometimes or even why I'm going through trials in life.
That's ALL the DIFFERENCE and to know that You're going to take EVERY WRONG I make and MAKE IT RIGHT again is size of the little mustard seed of FAITH I have right now. You say that it is ENOUGH to command mountains to throw themselves into the sea and the amount of faith that RESURRECTS A DEAD MAN TO HIS FEET.

God I don't know how I'm gonna get through this exam. Many people do, many people are feeling good about themselves but God, all I'm going to do right now is hang onto You and Your word. Because You do everything for our good, our good, so that we will grow in Christ likeness. Help me to work in rest and to never let go of whatever You have taught me to abide by.

To love, to forgive, to pray about decisions, to ask for the things I want with faith.
Even when criticism and condemnation has stung me in my face and burnt it sore.
I am nothing more but dust in the wind.
But You make me last.
We were built to last forever.

Right now I'm going through trials.
Being cut open by words from people close to my heart, being judged, being looked down upon for my naive faith. But faith is child-like, ain't it? It has no doubts, it has no excuses, it has no 'what if's - for doubt is what kills us, that makes our faith waver. Because faith only lives by "yes" and "Amen".

Oh. And I read this somewhere. Friends listen to our heartaches without blaming us for problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment